Cloud Computing - IoThlon'19
IoThlon'19 is a National level workshop series organized by Robosapiens India at DTU Delhi. We are Robosapiens India Publications an IIT-Bombay alumni venture.
Cloud computing has recently emerged as one of the buzzwords in the IT industry. Numerous IT vendors are promising to offer computation, storage, and application hosting services and to provide coverage in several continents, offering service level agreements (SLA) backed performance and uptime promises for their services. While these "clouds" are the natural evolution of traditional data centers, they are distinguished by exposing resources (computation, data, and applications) as standards-based Web services and following a "utility" pricing model where customers are charged based on their utilization of computational resources, storage, and transfer of data. They offer subscription-based access to infrastructure, platforms, and applications that are popularly referred to as IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platformas a Service), and SaaS (Software as a Service).
The duration of this workshop will be 1 day , with 2 Sessions , properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions.
Certificate by IoThlon'19 at DTU Delhi..
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- What is the cloud?
- History of Cloud Computing
- How Cloud Computing Works
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Traditional Computing Vs Cloud Computing
- Types of cloud Computing
- Cloud Service Model (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
- Deployment model of Cloud Computing Private | Public | Hybrid
Concept building : IAAS, PASS & SAAS
Introduction to IAAS Service Providers
- Amazon Web Services EC2
Introduction to PAAS Providers(Integrated)
- Google AppEngine
- Microsoft Azure
Introduction to PAAS Providers(Anchored)
- SalesForce.com Force.com Platform
Introduction to SAAS providers
- SalesForce.com Ecosystem
Introduction to Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Architecture & Terminology.
- Types of Virtualization < type1, type 2 & hybrid >.
- Difference between Traditional & Virtualized Environment.
- Practically accessing Cloud Virtual Machine.
Entering the World of IAAS
- Virtualization benefits.
- Server Virtualization.
- Virtualization Hypervisor(Hyper-v) & Virtual Network Management Software (SCVMM).
- Understanding types of VHD'S.
- Understanding different types of Virtual Network.
Practicals: Installation & Configuration of Microsoft server 2008 R2 Server Operating System, domain & AD-DS, configuring Server –Client Model. Installing Hyper-v, configuring virtual machines, Snapshots, failover clustering with High Availability on Virtual network.
Note: *depending on the time availability and lab setup
Project to be Covered
- Guidelines for setting up of CLOUDS LAB